Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delayed AA with PRI DID #s

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguyjr

Vendor
Mar 25, 2006
US
I have a customer that several years ago had the system set up with copper lines with Delayed AA on incoming calls. They had an IT guy that managed to talk them into DID and going through a different company to set them up and after the other company couldnt completely figure everything out, they called us back in to try to get everything set up. It has been a long time since we have messed with DIDs. I have tried to look up past posts to answer my specific questions/issues, but I am still a little confused about what I can do. The way they would like to have the system set up is as follows:

Incoming DID range is 6000-6100.
Main incoming number ported over from copper is 4505.
extensions are set up to match DID range(operator ext is 6000)
They would like incoming calls to the main telephone number to ring to both extension 6000 and 6001, then delayed answer to AA. If they dial 0 or time out, it needs to leave a voicemail in a mailbox for 6000. Do I need to set up an extension 4505 and set that up as delayed ring to a VM box set to AA1 with SSA buttons on the main operator phones? Or do I need to use coverage buttons? This one just has my brain on overload trying to think of how to set up to emulate the way we had it before with copper lines. I appreciate any help.

You cannot use shared sa's with operator consoles so you will have to use a coverage button on 6000/6001. Yes, create an extension 4505 and make it AA1. You could try to create a hunt group as 4505 (and still create AA1 as 4505) and add user's 6000/6001 to the hunt group, but I seem to remember that hunt groups and DID's didn't cover properly to voicemail. You would need to test that out.

Renumber the Operator to 4505, or if it is a PRI, expect 4 digits, delete 4, add 6000 (if the Operator is Ext. 6000)
Put the Operator in the voicemail coverage group, (usually 30), create the matching mailbox as an auto attendant or COS of 15
Make the Dial-0/timeout go to the general mailbox for the AA, and make the Operator the owner of the general mailbox.
Use a Primary Coverage-6000 button on 6001 to alert 6001 to incoming calls. Make a pickup 6000 button and train them to press that button before lifting the handset, so the coverage button won't actually be in use and prevent them from seeing additional incoming calls while it is in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back