Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

guest123

Programmer
Nov 15, 2003
LT
what is the best method for delay?
i preper it will be based on time to be persice and
will be about the same length on any computer
thx.

INT 25h "Wait for time delay"

Pseudo:

MOV AH,86
MOV CX:DX,time in microseconds
INT 15
JC unsuccessful
CMP AH,80
JE invalid command
CMP AH,83
JE delay already in progress
CMP AH,86
JE function not supported Regards,
Bert Vingerhoets
vingerhoetsbert@hotmail.com
Don't worry what people think about you. They're too busy wondering what you think about them.

Eek...!

I think you're not supposed to touch that function.... 'course could be something like: "Microsoft recommends that you no longer use DOS functions 01h to 0dh, unless needed to maintain older code. Microsoft cannot garantee that these functions will still exist in future versions of DOS." which never really stopped us from using them, did they? "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

I got it from a book printed in 1998 and it's int 15, not int 25 (my mistake). Also, it still works on my (old) DOS machines and on my (new) Windows machines. Regards,
Bert Vingerhoets
vingerhoetsbert@hotmail.com
Don't worry what people think about you. They're too busy wondering what you think about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back