Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay when opening documents in Quark 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafixgurl

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
US
I'm working w/ Quark 6.5 on a Mac G5 on OS 10.4.11. When I want to open documents, sometimes it takes a really long time for the document to appear on screen. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

...it can do if for example if it is a huge multi-page doc with lots of graphics...

...are you referring to just any/every doc like a 1 or 2 page file?

...you can try deleting the prefs file, which fixes quark oddities usually, move this folder out and relaunch quark to rebuild that folder:

Users > "Your UserNAME" > Library > Preferences > Quark > QuarkXPress 6.0

...also worth noting there is an update to 6.52 if you don't have it already:

Andrew

..if you still notice problems after this, then another area to look at is the extensions manager...

...in quark choose utilities > extensions manager > look through the list for any extensions that aren't needed other than the default ones...

...it isn't easy to tell which are the default ones from here, but i have provided a link here where you can download my saved export, you can import that into the extensions manager to list the defaults:

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back