Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay when answering phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybrian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2007
GB
Hi!

I have a problem with my IP office 56XX series phones, connected to a 401.

When the user answers the phone, the call doesnt go through for another 3 seconds. You can imagine this is very annoying when answering the phone, and stating you name, and it never comes out in the other end. "hello..."Hello?" etc...

What is this caused by, and how can i correct it?

Thanks for a great forum!

Try different settings for 'enable faststart' and/or 'direct mediapad' on the extensions\voip tab.

Sounds like codec negotiation taking place, try changeing the codec on the IP extension to G711 (or G729 if you wish)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Did not help. This issue actually only occurs when answering a call which has been through a voicemail pro module. There are no problems when calling the phone directly! :(

Any ideas?

There will be a delay to ip phones when transferred via assisted transfer in vmpro. Delay does not occur on digital or analog destinations. Change to transfer action to resolve. No known repair as far as I know.

Is there still no fix to this problem, does anyone know? My receptionists are getting annoyed!

Version 4.2GA IPO & VMPro should decrease the 3 seconds to only one second, still annoying though.

Im using these versions, but delay is about 3-4 secs still :(

I have my CEO complaining about this as well, although I can't seem to reproduce it. We are using 5610's and a 406 switch.

However, all users do get a delay when pressing their V-Mail button on their phone, obvious 2-3 second delay.

Johnny, do you experience the issue with accessing voicemail from the your 56xx phones?

Drew;

No, not at all. I only experience it when an incoming call is passing through af Voicemail Assisted Transfer.

After you unhook, the calling party has music in about 3 seconds untill the call goes through. Extremely annoying..... dont know what i can do about it..

johnnybrian, use a normal transfer action in stead of a assisted transfer

Right now i asume you use vmpro in this case

RTFM.gif

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Peter; Yeah i use VMpro, but i just dont like using blind transfer, as it doesnt leave me with an option to reroute the call on no answer. For example, after being queued for a minute, my callers get "Press 1 to leave a message, or continue to hold". cant do this with a blind transfer. :(

Then put a route by call status in front of the transfer
It is not exactly the same but it will solve your delay problem !

RTFM.gif

Have never used that feature. The route by call status does not have a destination?

So what you say is; start point>------Transfer>------route by call status??

Thanks for your help

Startpoint -> route by call status -> transfer

You can use a transfer when busy or when no answer

RTFM.gif

You join transfers to each of the boxes on the route by call status so you connect no answer to a transfer etc :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

If it helps anyone understand why assisted transfer is so much better then blind transfer, just figure this: Assisted transfer gives tags to received calls. The agents are able to see what that call is for. It would be very disappointing to remove it from the transfered call. Happens to me too. Avaya 4610 SW II Version. Avaya IPO R 4.2(11), cause I use SIP trunk with 10 channels. I tried using R 4.2.14 but, bu doing that the SIP trunk incoming calls donnot work. Outgoing calls work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back