Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay / Pause Header Refresh is mouse is moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianfree

Programmer
Feb 6, 2008
GB
Hello, I have a series of php pages which refresh to each other every 10 seconds (in a loop) is it possible to delay the header refresh if a mouse is moved?

kindest thanks

Brian

How is PHP used to refresh to a new page every 10 seconds? I'm guessing it is not actually being used.

You probably want to seek guidance in the JS forum.

forum216

Since PHP has no control over the pages once they are loaded and as such would not have any control on how often they refresh, this would probably be best answered in the JS forum which can affect the refresh.

How exactly are you establishing the page refresh? Are you outputting a meta tag? A Javascript function?

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
OS-ception: Running Linux on a Virtual Machine in Windows which itself is running in a Virtual Machine on Mac OSx.

Web & Tech

I have a series of php pages which refresh to each other every 10 seconds (in a loop) is it possible to delay the header refresh if a mouse is moved?

Simple answer, ... ... No.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

lol - I read your post several times before I replied - I cannot imagine the scenario where you have various pages up on the screen at once since your browser can only render one view port at a time ...

Not truly understanding what you're looking for, I would venture suggest that you:
1. set a variable in javascript and set to a value ON or OFF
2. write code to track mouse movement (3. if mouse move, change set variable to ON or OFF
4. whatever means you are using to launch the page refresh, change it so that it checks the value of set variable and if ON or OFF, decide what to do

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back