Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay on Sent Items 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezeman

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
I have one field site that is complaining that there is a 15 to 30 delay when they open their sent items. Any Ideas, Running GW5.5e and no one else in the post office is having this problem just one location. I thought maybe their T1 was the problem but the network isn't experiencing slow logins or slow download rates.

do they have an extremely large number of sent items? Remember the sent items is just a search so the more that there are the longer it takes to gather them all.

Nope, they can have as few as 10 and still the wait.

run analyze / fix with index check selected on their mailbox using.

No help with the GWcheck... Now this problem is spreading to other offices. HElP!!

Another note... One of my Techs reports that removing the "find new items each time the folder is open" from the sent items folder find properties allows the sent items to open faster.

try doing a top down rebiuld, are you seeing any latency in other apps in the network?

I would probably re-create the indexes by typing Ctrl-Q at the POA console. You will likely want to do that after hours and with a good backup in your back pocket.

Juniperr, Nope, all other apps are performing at same speed as before. Although they are local and the PO is remote from site. Was begining to think it was a communication issue but it is now ocurring at a site that is only 10 miles from PO. I have run a top-down and still no change. I will give the indexing idea a whirl this evening after hours. Thanks gang!

this may sound stuppid but Ive seen ( and it is documented on novell site) where you could send but not recieve e-mail as well as other odd speed issues from this, but try setting the switch and the servers speed and duplex static on the groupwise server

Well, this probably sound even more stupid... but I purged the volumes and the problem went away. I had set the volumes to "purge immediate" but never rebooted them after that. I guess just like other "features" novells management consoles just don't put things into affect until you reboot the dang server. Live and Learn I guess, thanks for all the input Juniperr and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back