Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay of Voice Mail delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ContinuousLearning

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
US
KX-TD1232 phone system: When someone leaves a message on the voice mail, it does not immediately show up at any phone. After a long time (not sure how long), it will finally appear at Extension 102 and the message will indicate that it was transfered from 189. How do I have the message show up almost immediately at the extension it is intented?

It sounds as if you are transferring messages to another mailbox using class of service. You might want to check the COS setting to be sure that it's set to transfer the message immediately. I believe that there is a setting that can leave the message in the original mailbox for a designated period of time before it is transferred to the new one. Good luck!

-Michael.

Yes Michael, that is true, however that time cannot be less than 5 minutes. ContinuousLearning needs to go into mailbox settings for mailbox 189 and establish what class of service it is. Then go into Class of Serice setting and look at the Forward time under the "Authorization for Auto-Forwarding". The smallest you can make it is 00:05 mins. Also check to make sure the message is moved not copied, because eventually mailbox 189 will become full and unable to receive messages.

Oh yea. Also dial into mailbox 189 and change the recorded name, so that instead of it saying "Message transferred from mailbox 189" it will say its from whatever you record.

Bye!

How do I find out what extension has mailbox 189? When someone leaves a general message, I do not see any message light come on at any of the extension. After a while, then I see the light come on at extension 102 with the "Message transferred from mailbox 189".

Also, how do I setup so certain extension will not ring at night?

"How do I find out what extension has mailbox 189? When someone leaves a general message, I do not see any message light come on at any of the extension. After a while, then I see the light come on at extension 102 with the "Message transferred from mailbox 189"."

I'm not sure what your asking. Mailbox 189 does not have an extension. There <probably> isn't an extension 189. To log into mailbox 189, you would have to dial the voicemail's extension (ususally intercom-165) then exit to the voicemail service ( # + 6 ). Then dial * + 189 to log into the other mailbox.

This is not going to help you change the forward time. You have to do that the way a technician would, either through a PC terminal, or through mailbox 999.

&quot;Also, how do I setup so certain extension will not ring at night?&quot;

At this point, I get the feeling you haven't programmed this system before. But if you can program it, and you have a &quot;Night Mode&quot; setup, you can add and delete extensions that ring under &quot;DIL 1:1 N&quot;.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back