Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay from nullclient

Status
Not open for further replies.

sureshp

Programmer
Aug 28, 2000
Hi All,
We have lot of null client set up in our domain, which forwards mail to a Mail Hub, which is also, the DNS server for the domain. Whenever I send the mail from nullclient it takes more than one minute to reach the mail hub. From hub it is cleared to the outside world in a second. Anyone has an idea why this delay occurs.
P.S. All the mails are forwarded from null client to mail hub with the help of Ruleset 0 (I guess, after checking the sendmail.cf). We don’t have any MX record in our DNS named.data file.

Regards
Suresh

It is looking for the return address in dns. Turning off dns lookups will speed things up a bit.

Yep, You got it. When I disbled the DNS lookup from nsswitch.conf file, It went fine. But I am not going to change the nsswitch.conf file permanently. I planned to add an MX record in the DNS. Hope this will solve my problem. If I am wrong please correct me.

Thanks and Regards
Suresh

Hi,
I have added the MX entry in my DNS for the whole domain. But still the mails are taking more than one minute to reach the mail hub. In nsswitch.conf I have dns,local setup. Do I have to do anything in the sendmail.cf file of the client or mail hub.

Thanks
Suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back