Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delay Call Forward issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipandRingtoSIP

Technical User
Apr 5, 2016
US
So I have this really strange issue that just sort of appeared out of nowhere. I have Delay Call Forwarding set on my personal phone and have had it for a year or more.. Worked fine up until last week. Now, when an internal caller calls and I'm already on the phone, instead of hearing ring back tone, the caller hears what sounds like a fax tone, say without the carrier tone. If the caller waits until the timer for forwarding expires, the call goes to Xpressions.. External callers hear regular ring back tone and not this high frequency tone.. I deleted and rebuilt my phone, its still happening.. Any ideas what the heck is causing internal callers to hear this high freq tone instead of ring back?? External callers have no problem..

Make a test with :
cha-zand:type=cp,camprbk,13;
cha-ucsu:unit=ap,cp=camprbk,siu=13; if IPDA

If I remember correctly, for mine on inside calls it will sound like a short ring with a beep at the end. I've never played with it from outside so not sure if they have a different experience.

I can't imagine why it would change unless there were software updates installed or something, or some other tech was in there and made a typo.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

After making a bunch of test calls, I discovered that the problem only occurs when the call is coming from one of my IPDA's (old terminology)/ Access 5000 sites.. Thanks Adibv for the info that led me to test from an IPDA.. I did a DIS-UCSU and CAMPRBK is set to 4 and no asterisk means it is not the same value as ZAND... Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back