Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deisgner integration into VB 6 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLee100

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
GB
Hi all,

Could someone please point me in the right direction for integrating the CR Report designer into a VB 6 application.

We already have a viewer and are considering distributing a design function for some of our applications.

However I am not sure how to get started and what controls/dll's to use and reference.

What I would like is for the user to select a menu option which would open a form which had the designer integrated into it, much like the CRViewer, and enable them to open, modify and save CR report files.

Would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers

Andy

What version of Crystal?

Here's a sample app for CR 8/8.5:

If you happen to have CR XI, they apparently didn't release the .dll that's necessary to do this kind of thing, but they do have some downloadable code to compile your own .dll:

In either case, be aware that adding functionality like this typically requires additional licensing, which for later versions means that the client would have to:
a) purchase a report creation api license,
b) purchase a copy of CR Advanced Developer (for CR 9 and 10), or
c) purchase a copy CR Developer (CR XI).

-dave

Using CR9 Developer.

I am aware of the licence issues.

Thank you for the links, it has given me a starting point. Looking at the code (will not run on my home machine for some reason), it doesn't look as straight forward as I first thought. More thought needed than with the simple CRViewer control.

I think we need to get some money from the customer before we go ahead with this. Looks like it will take quite a bit of thought and time to develop.

Thanks again.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back