Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deinity G1 password incorrect HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

motiv8r100

Vendor
Jun 4, 2001
US
I'm a vendor who recently purchased a Definity G1 from the Montgomery Wards' bankruptcy auction. However, the logins and passwords they've given me are INCORRECT. I've used the dozen or so known default logins and passwords to no avail. How can I clear OR reset ALL the passwords OR how can I backdoor the system to get in?

There is an "init" password for every software version and it changes with every version. In order to gain access, you will have to contact Avaya and have them log in and reset the other passwords. I know of no other way to do it.

Leo V. Brown

Yeah, I once had the same problem. You can call Avaya. But be ready to buy their support package.

Avaya could put you through some hoops. It sounds like the
system has been wiped and the default translations have been
saved. To verify this try to log on as 'craft' with password of 'crftpw'.

If this gets you in - then try to enter the 'change' command and hit help. If the only thing that shows up is system-parameters - the system has been wiped.

Either way Avaya has to certify the cabinet and register it to the physical address where it will reside. Then you can request a new login and password.
steveave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back