Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defunct Domains Still In Browse List

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstockton

MIS
Aug 13, 2001
US
I have a multi-Domain NT4.0 WAN Environment connected via 128k and 256k Frame Links. 2 of the Domains' PDCs (From Domain's ALPHA and BRAVO) have been removed and are now BDCs of Domain OMEGA. We now have a total of 3 Domains remaining that are Fully Trusted: CHARLIE, DELTA and OMEGA.

The problem is that CHARLIE still shows ALPHA and BRAVO in it's Browse List (Network Neighbourhood). The ALPHA Domain was removed 6 months agao, BRAVO, 2 months. I have removed ALPHA and BRAVO from all WINS entries and removed any offending LMHOSTS entries.

TIA

-rjs

Use the Resource Kit utilities to find WHO is you "Browse server or Browse Master"

He keeps a list of known domains and PC's. This role should belong to a Server. But sometimes falls in the hands of a simple secretarys PC/// Because she never turns off the thing.

I bet this person is always complaining about performance of the PC... Check it out...

L8ter!

Thanks

The PDC for CHARLIE is the Browse Master. Curiously, though, I cannot view the properties for the server in Browmon - the device is Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back