Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

defrag server???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2000
US
How do I defrag my WIndows NT server? Are there any defrag programs I should stay away from? Is diskkeeper ok to use? thanks:-{}

For what it is worth I have been using Diskkeeper for almost a year now and have found that first - it works!! and secondly - it works without damaging anything else. It was easy to load and has good instructions.

Depending on how you have it scheduled it will fill your event log up pretty quickly but I just found that made me pay attention on a more consistent basis to the event log.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ron

Also, last time I downloaded it, there was a free version with no scheduling abilities. -= Beer is food! Is it suppertime? =-
If ya like the info on the posts - rate them helpful!

Is it possible to use this program in a Win NT 4.0 Server using disks in RAID 5 configuration?

Thanks for your attention.

It will work fine with hardware RAID 5, not too sure if it will work if running RAID 5 via software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back