Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity TTI ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyTwoToes

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
US
Can someone tell me how to setup a TTI port on a Definity PBX?

TTI ports don't require to be set-up. If you patch a phone to a port which has not been assigned you can then use TTI to "merge" an extension number to the phone. If you "separate" a number from a phone using TTI the port becomes a TTI port waiting to be merged.

Also, if you
Code:
change station XXXX
and enter an X in place of the Port it is then a TTI port.

Hope this helps,

Ronster

You will need to enable TTI throught the system parameters features form. I am running a G3R with V8 software so it is on the second page for me. You will also need to set up a merge and seperation codes in the feature access codes. One caution on using TTI. I have made changes in the past using TTI and the station forms got all screwed up. The cable pairs and room numbers transposed from time to time. I have turned TTI off in my switch. My thoughts being that my station forms being correct meant more to me than TTI did.

Hope this helps.
Mikey

Mikey is correct about setting it up, you will also need to put in a access code.
To remove a station
FAC *88, access code 22, Extension 1234, three beeps
To add a station
FAC *89, access code 22, Extension 1233, three beeps Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back