Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnuk2801

Technical User
Mar 5, 2007
GB
Hey all,
I have recently formatted my flash card of a Definity G3 Version 6 and lost all the translations.

Is there any where i could obtain these from? or could any one provide?

Many Thanks

Nope. If your system is still up and running you can do a "save trans". If you are saying you have formatted your card and rebooted your system, you have created a boat anchor.

-CL

Thanks for that,

I have since uploaded from another Definity Pro Logix but with different config and cards and downloaded to the G3.

This appears to have worked and the commands have come back.

Appart from it has the programming of the other Definity.

Is there a way of just clearing the programming??

Many Thanks

I should clarify that i used the format card-mem translations command and didnt format the whole card.

format card-mem trans, annc, or firm DOES format the whole card. There is no such thing as a partial format.

-CL

Are you telling me what i think you are??

All its good for is a boat anchor ! :p

Well that may be a bit extreme but there is no way to get your RTU back from your formatted flash card if you have rebooted your system. Hopefully you have another backup card laying around. Was this a production system or just something you are playing around with?

-CL

This is our old phone system, we have since had a new one installed and was just playing around with it, We will just break down for spares then.

Thanks for your help!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back