Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity System Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper1175

MIS
Sep 23, 2003
US
Hi There. I need to be able to print BCMS reports to a printer on our network. The printer is a HP LaserJet 2200DN and it's iternal IP address is 10.1.2.34. Is it possible to print to this printer? I am very new to this and would greatly appreciate any help.

This really depends a lot of what Definity you have, and what software version.

1. change node-n ip
Add the printer
2. ch ip-serv
Service type = SYS_PRNT, Local node=your clan, Remote-node=your printer as defined in node-names ip, Remore Port=whatever you chose.

hth

BTW the raw print port for HP is 9100. You will need to specify this as the destination port for the system printer to work.
So when it asks for remote port make sure you put in 9100.

Cheers!!!
Me

I get Printer Failed. Does anything in the system-parameters features page 4 have to be set, other than putting SYS_PRNT in the System Printer Endpoint? I'm using the same printer.

On the System Features form you have to enter the System Printer destination as SYS_PRNT.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back