Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Site Administrator (DSA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMiyake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
US
I never heard of DSA until recently. I have a G3Si V6. What functionality would DSA give me on the switch? Right now, I dial up using Procomm and manually do all of the changes. I’d be interested in checking out DSA, but I can’t find it anywhere. Is it freeware or another expensive Lucent product? If you do have to pay for it, is it worth it? Anyone know where I can get a copy of it?

Thanks,

Tom

It's way worth it. When you can change/add 1000 stations by pasting the data from excel in 60 seconds or less, $600 is a bargain. There are lots of traffic studies, alarm reports, time synchro, add/remove/change for station/agent/vdn etc. You can schedule nightly list measurement reports to be saved to your hardrive when they would typically be overwritten daily by the PBX. This is a "must have" utility! -CL

DSA (or ASA as it is called these days) is free with every upgrade. You could probably download it from somewhere. When I worked at Lucent it used to be a free download from the internal website.

Axelman,

as far as I know, ASA is still being charged for by most BP's. Customers usually pay -as lopes1211 said- around $600,- for it. Though it shouldn't be too hard to get an older version for nada.

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let me know if this was of any help-

Hi,

Avaya have recently stopped giving it away with upgrades - it is totally a chargeable option now. I know that in emea it's aroung the 1000GBP mark.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi,

Avaya have recently stopped giving it away with upgrades - it is totally a chargeable option now. I know that in emea it's aroung the 1000GBP mark directly from Avaya.

Hope this helps,

Chris

DSA is definitely worth it. I have templates set up for creating new stations and the "Add User -> Find Unused Extension" feature is supremely helpful.

Thanks everyone for your posts. We decided to go ahead and buy it.

Thanks,

Tom

Tell us what you think of it
phone9ani.gif

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back