Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity/Shiva

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelhc

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2001
GB
Since we changed our phone system from a Toshiba to a Definity, I haven't been able to dial out through our Shiva Lanrover E Plus modems.The Shiva Lanrover is connected to our LAN and I try to access it from my Pc over the LAN.
If I unplug the lead that connect the Shiva Lanrover to the Definity system and plug it straight to a direct line it works fine.

Sometimes it helps if you change the field "Off premises?" to yes on the station form. This gives a little more power to the line.
Another option you can try is to adjust the frequencies of the dialtones (change system-parameters country-options). Some modems/faxmachines don't recognise the dialtone provided by Definity (or other switches), especially the internal dialtone (is often a higher tone than an outside line). Take caution when changing frequencies!
You can also try to solve this by making the analog station call-appearance an hotline (wich dials the FAC for ARS, 0 or 9). That way if the modem picks up the line, it automatically gets an outside line (and the outside-dialtone), you have a good chance the modem will then recognise that dialtone, and proceeds as normal.

Good luck!
Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back