Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity- Server/gateway shut/unshut sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumUser01

Technical User
Oct 16, 2009
US
Hello,

Main site 2 x8700 with #3 650 Gateways (Definity 3.x). DR site ESS -8500 with couple of gateways. Due to building power related work, we need to shutdown the mainsite gear (after the UPS runs out). Not planning for failover to DR site or anything. What is the recomended sequence of shut/unshut the Main site. Below is what I think works..

1. Shut the Standby server

2. Shut the Active.

3. Unplug gateway C, B, and A.

At this time DR ESS will send alerts. After the work, bring uo gateways (A,B and C) and then active server & stdby server.
ESS should automatically sync. The Trunks and call folw will be back to normal on Main site.

Will this work? Also, what are the recomended commnads to run at main site server to check the status of the system after power back.

Thanks in advance
MS

The process you defined seems fine.

If you get to CLI on the active server you can run "statapp" but assuming CM is running that's probably not needed. In Communication Mgr

I would run the following commands after everything is back up and running:

status media-gateways
list survivable-processor
list ipserver-interface
status health

I would add that if you have CMS, AES, SES, Audix, or any other adjunct they should be shutdown after the CM servers are shutdown and they should be brought back up before the CM servers are brought back into service.

To check those things you can do the following:

status aesvcs cti-link, status aesvcs interface, and status aesvcs link

You calso check your CMS and Audix links with "status link X" X being whichever link you have administered.

- Miguel

A very wise and well respected man once told me "Shut Up!".

Anothing thing you may want to do, log into the ESS and do a force IPSI takeover, this will make the ESS active and you wont have to wait for your timers to take affect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back