Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Programming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJP1

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2001
US
The company I work for has a Definity phone switch that is already programmed. Unfortunately, the guy who did the programming left the company. When you call our main number, it gives you options, i.e. press 1 for this, 2 for that, etc. Once you press the numbers, it routes you to something else. We've found the vectors that route the calls from there on. Where do we find and change the "vector" definition for the initial call-in? We currently have an option "press 5 for..." that we want to remove but don't know how to do it. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

i am not sure what u mean by that but if u know the distenation for press 5 i mean the ext number u can find the vector that diricting calls to that ext by the command
list usa ext xxxxx
this will display the vector and the step and all u need is go there and make ur changes. i suggest u to have a list of vectors by list vec and list vdn's and have em printed.
good luck :)

Hi,

Not to complicate things, but maybe this is an automated attendant in your AUDIX (voicemailsystem). If not, you can check to see how your main number gets connected "display listed..." Pls. contact me if you need any more help/guidance.

Rgds,

M.

If you are using vectors try list announcments it sounds to me like you want to change the spoken options correct? If this is the case find out which announcment is listed undercollect digits after announcment ####. then you will need a station with counsil permisions and you will need the feature access code to change announcments.

Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back