Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity One crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlinc

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
Ok, my Definity One box decided to start crashing shortly after beginning the login sequence. It gives me the blue screen of death, and performs the memory dump. The error code is as follows: STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF73952F4, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF73952F4) IRQL Not Less or Equal. I have looked for this in microsoft's database, with little help. The Def. One is running Windows NT Workstation V4.0 w/ Ser.Pack 5. Anyone had this happen? Or know how to fix it? I'm thinking the RAM card went bad, but not sure. Just looking for other ideas.

Usually that is a driver issue, but since I highly doubt you've updated your drivers on the processor, it could definately be a memory or ide drive problem...

BuckWeet

first, what was the last thing you did before the login? did you add any new hardware, software, printer....it could be the workstation did not like the driver or item or application you last did.... power off the pc and then power back on, during the boot process, try doing the last know login, (you will have to press the spacebar) then choose orginial setup I believe it the phase. see if it will let you in that way. You should be able to go to Microsoft web page under tech support and enter in the error code. I will ask our MCSE to use his cd that he gets from Microsoft

lftpwr

lftpwr, not sure if you konw, but definity one is a definity processor that runs NT workstation.. No one should be installing, changing: hardware, printers, etc.. on this box.. Or else things like that happening above are likely to happen..

Just one of those things that you don't ever touch..

BuckWeet

Well, all I have done is given the box a link via PCMCIA Ethernet card to another NIC on the back of my actual work PC tower, so i could get into it via my ASA. Haven't updated any drivers on the NT yet, since I cannot get it to load properly. I am going to disconnect my network cable between the Def. One and my PC, and try to use orig. config. If not, I guess I will be ordering a memory stick. Thanks for the help everyone.

Well, I have undone all of the physical connections to the Ethernet card, and still no luck. Original config. and Last Known Good Config. do not help. I used the onboard TN795 diagnostics, and all parts passed the tests. Is there any way to get into NT now that it won't make it past the logon screen? I may need to get a RAM card for this processor. Anyone know where to get this type? It is DIMM but seems shorter in height than normal PC mem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back