Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity logs and or command history

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Riel

MIS
Aug 4, 2004
US
Morning, I am looking for some info with regard to researching logs and changes that occured in my PBX. I have a R9 Definity Proloxic and am looking for some history. For example, a co-worker made some changes to our one of our vectors, but what he changed did not have the outcome he was expecting. I am trying to find out exactly what he changed. Please advise if anyone knows of a way I can check his work.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mike

does the "list history" command work on your version?

list hist" will tell you that a change was made but not what the change was. The only way I know of is if you have a hard copy of the vector prior to the change.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

Thank you very much for the info. I certainly helped, but as you said it won't show me the exact change. None-the-less, I at least know he changed it in the right vector.

Have a great week!
Mike

I know this won't help you now, but whenever I make a vector change, I'll write a new vector with the change and just point the VDN to the new vector. If all works well, I delete the old vector after 2-4 weeks.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

Thanks Susan, I do that as well. However, this time I was double checking another person's work to make sure the correct areas were changed. We all know, too well, how a vector can get changed incorrectly and cause a very large mess.

Mike

I like your idea Susan, very smart to cover yourself. I like to print out whatever it is that I am going to change, just in case something doesn't work afterwords.

I also use Utilcal to keep electronic backups of our systems. It has come in handy more than once.

You can find it for a free trail at
"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back