Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3si V11 Remote Network Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreagan01

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2002
US
I am looking for details on how to administer our G3si V11 for remote network access instead of dial-up. We have recently installed a CLan board for the Audix link and would like to use the same CLAn for remote access to the switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JReagan01

Here are a few posts that have addressed this issue before...If you still have questions or problems post and I can help you further, but I think all the info you need is in these posts:

thread690-591431 this helps!

Hmmm, that's weird...the URLs didn't show...Here's the cut and paste info...

Is your CLAN already integrated with Audix or CentreVu? If so, your system is already administered with an IP address. In that case, you just need to issue "cha ip-ser" and add "sat" as a service. You will need to know what node name is used for the switch. Typically this is "switch" or "definity". On the IP-services form you will administer the service (sat), the port (typically 5111), and the node name (typically "switch" or "definity"). Once you've completed that addministration, you will be able to telnet (or run ASA/DSA) to port 5111. That's it!

I will try to get the URLs to post as well...

JReagan01

Here's a great post from BIS that I will repost here;

"BIS (TechnicalUser) Jul 10, 2003
Hmm...

1 - Change ip-int : Define your c-lan
2 - Change node-names ip: define your c-lan
3 - Change ip-serv : Service type=SAT; enabled=y;Local - node= "what you defined in ch node-na ip"; port = normally 5111;remote node=any

Thats really all there is to it...

But I am in a hurry - hope this helps..."

Again, I don't want to take credit from BIS! This is from this URL:

thread690-591431

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back