Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity G3 V11 - What to do for IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebrez

MIS
Mar 21, 2007
US
I am interested in upgrading our MCC G3 to have IP capability. The unit is on R11 and has CLAN capability. Our Windows XP users are currently using an IP Softphone.

I would like to connect a 4600 series phone to our unit but couldn't find the pre-requisites. I have a 4621SW IP but doesn't seem to be able to connect to the CLAN's address.

I'm just not sure where to start?

In addition to the C-LAN board, you will also need a MedPro board (TN2302) to do the TDM to IP conversions. The PBX must have IP Station RTU active and available. You can check that by using the 'display capacity' command. On my V11 it's on page 8.

The C-LAN and MedPro boards will need static IP addresses.

Kevin

Excellent Thanks. Is there a particular version of the TN2302 that I need? My vendor has HV3 and HV20.

Code:
 GW      TN Circuit Pack                       Latest     Last
MM/TN    Gateway / Media Module     Hardware   Firmware   Update Date
-----    -------------------------  ---------  --------   -----------
TN2302 - Medpro TN2302AP             03        FW094    - 11/09/06
TN2302 - Medpro TN2302AP             11 >      FW121    - 06/08/11

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

I was just curious which version to buy, since our switch is older (R11). I don't want to spend the extra money on the V20 if I can get away with v3.

Your call. You get what you pay for. Only you can be the judge.

Just looking at the HW and FW date releases, there are 5 years worth of fixes on the newer hardware. Read the readme files for all FW updates on HW 11 and higher to see what your older HW and FW may non have fixes for.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

Code:
 GW      TN Circuit Pack                       Latest     Last
MM/TN    Gateway / Media Module     Hardware   Firmware   Update Date
-----    -------------------------  ---------  --------   -----------
TN799  - CLAN   TN799 DP             00 - 10   FW040    - 04/08/11
TN799  - CLAN   TN799 DP             13 >      FW040    - 04/08/11

Same issues could happen with old FW on clan

bsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back