Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity CSI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAFU001

Programmer
May 11, 2007
US
Hello,
I have 6 Avaya Definity CSI systems in 6 locations around the state. I was wondering if there was anyway these systems can send out a page to my nextel cell phone if there is ever any trouble with these systems.

Snafu001 [ponder]

Assuming that you have maintenance permissions, do 'change system maintenance'. The first phone number listed is for Avaya in Denver. You can put a second phone number in 'Second OOS Endpoint'. Change the 'Alarm Notification to OOS Numbers' to 'both'. Your cell phone should ring for major and minor alarms. You will hear modem tone.

An alternate would be to set up ASA to poll your switches every hour and send you an e-mail for alarms.

Kevin

Kevin

Or build a PC running ASA and have it run 24/7/365. Have it disp ala and mon trunks every 10 mintues. The results can be sent to your blackberry. I do this for everyone of my sights and it works great and cost nothing.

You can purchase remote alarming software which will allow you to get these same alarms, identify the alarming system, and text page and email your alarms, identifying the alarming system and the alarm.

I use alrmtrag great product and very easy to set up. If your CSI system is IP enable it works over the network too.

Thanks all for the reply! I really appreciate it. Could you tell me more about the "ASA" computer? How it's set up, what kind on software etc.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back