Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix Tape Not Administered 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleone

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2002
US
I am new to Definity and Audix. We are reclaming a used machine and searching for knowledge, ( the manuals are very thick). Before I started changing things in the Audix, I thought it best to back up to tape. Here in lies the problem. Everything I try tells me that the tape is not administered. I have tried the obvious commands Add tape, Remove tape and Test tape. Test tape tells me to "add the tape". Add tape tells me "system error". Remove tape tells me " tape not administered". Throw me a bone folks, I need help.

Thanks,

teleone

type "status tape" it will probably say out of service-F or -T

Make sure the tape is inserted correctly. There is an errow on the side of the tape that shows the direction of the tape to be inserted into the drive. Second, make sure the drive latch is closed tightly.

Make sure the tape is a CT-600N backup tape. other tapes will not work.

Make sure the tape has the write protect off. Orange slider to left side of tape(not towards middle.

Put in tape and see if the tape drive spins up(back and forth) in the first 30 seconds. It is reading the tape at this point.

try add tape again after the 30 seconds.

Netcon1

You may also need to check how many times the tape has been used, display alarms, and check that you have no tape alarms. If the tape has been used more time than Avaya think appropriate then it won't work and you will have to replace it. Also have you tried cleaning the tape heads?
Nick

You may also need to check how many times the tape has been used, display alarms, and check that you have no tape alarms. If the tape has been used more time than Avaya think appropriate then it won't work and you will have to replace it. Also have you tried cleaning the tape heads?
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back