Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix Message Lamp Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanpci

Technical User
Aug 29, 2005
We replaced a Definity Audix R3.2 recently and now message lamps are not lit or extinguished in a timely manner. The LED doesn't light up right away when a message is left and the LED is not turned off after the user retrieves all the messages. Audix is generating the following error message twice each minute: "MWI update timed out waiting for SELECT."

Does any know what's causing this problem?

Thanks
stanpci

Its been my expierence with the little rascal that 2 things could be in question status the voice group and make sure all the voice ports are ISI if you are down on the voice ports it seems the little rascal will wait till some come available to update lights. The second is how long has it been since you rebooted the little darlin some times that is the fix all. Do an audit subscriber data then audit switch names then audit switch translations and then reboot see if that helps.

Thanks telemanret. We have made sure that the voice ports are ISI and we did all the audits. We'll try to reboot the system when the client allows us to. Thanks again!

As long as you are doing a reboot (reccomended by Avaya every 90 days) make sure the time on the Intuity and the PBX are synced up exactly. Setting the time on an Intuiuty usually requires a reboot, so that would be the best time to set it, if needed.

One problem I ran into with the Definity Audix that we have is, we went to 4 digit dialing. Somehow now all the numbers realted to the system got changed over and it caused the Audix msgwt light to stay on. I could clear it til the next time. Can't remember what didn't get changed...... :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back