Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix 4.0 MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKuehn

Technical User
Dec 30, 2001
DE
Hi there,
i don't know if this is normal: Our Definity Audix 4.0 in DS-mode updates the MWI (LWC) approx. every 3 min. when an message is left. You can see this when pressing the button MSG-RETR. Is this an error?

best regards,
Rigobert

Yes, 3 minutes is excessive. I would look a the port setup on the ports to the Def-audix. Version 4 takes up 3 slots, two for physical boards and the one slot, on the left, is reserved for cooling. You should have all 16 ports programmed, even though you may not have purchased the RTU for all 16. The last port programmed is the port that turns off and on the MWI lights for the voice mail system. Double check ther programmig on the ports, I suspect that there is something set up wrong. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

i have checked all setting, but everything looks like OK.
But Audix 4.0 does only have 12 ports. So i have only 12 ports programmend, port 12 turns on/off the MWI.
Any idea?

rigobert

Do an audit of the voicemail system.
If I were you I would run all audits..

this is more than likely this switch translations for the audix, page 4, feature buttons, lwc-store, lwc-cancel, aux-work are the buttons that operate that function, I would guess that is the problem,

I was ass-u-me ing those were admined already. I should have asked..... the best way to know is to a sync on the time and if it fails you know the trans are not right.

Hi!
Time - sync is working fine. Also the mwi-indicators are working fine. Turning on and off the led is all working OK. But if you look into the activity-log at audix, you can see, that audix turns off the mwi every 3-4 min.
Button-assignments are all OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back