Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity & Intuity - Call-flow to Audix

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastbusy

MIS
Nov 30, 2000
GB
Guys -

I've heard that it's possible to retreive calls already covered to Audix. You know ? Sometimes a call covers to Audix but you'd like to reclaim it so you can talk to the person.

A long time ago we had thin Audix, and when Audix was message-taking for cover, a call appearance lamp button was illuminated (the last I believe).

Well now we're using Intuity and this is no longer possible or configured to be possible. The call simply covers - Looks as though it is transferred.

Does anyone know how to configure the Definity / Intuity setup to keep the appearance lamp-button active on digital handsets so as to make it possible to take back the caller ?

How does the Definity drop the call to Audix - We have a hunt group (which makes sense) but also a data extention.

If anyone can shead some light I'd be greatful.

Cheers,

G.

It depends on what type of Audix you have. It is not possible with Intuity. The Definity Audix can be configured to simulate a display set (DS). When the Definity Audix is configured this way, a call that covers to Audix creates a temporary bridged appearance on a users phone. The call can then be picked up while the caller is connected to Audix.

LeoVBrown is correct. Definity AUDIX however, will _not_ allow you to pull a call back in a DCS/DCS+ environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back