Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

defining location of journal.nsf - in notes.ini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surly

Technical User
Oct 26, 2001
GB
I am using a local journal database (journal.nsf) in NOtes client v5. When created, Notes put in on the c:\Lotus\Notes\data directory by default, but I want it to run from a network drive where all my other 'local' files are (eg h:\notes\data)

For names.nsf and desktop5.dsk I've added entries in the notes.ini with the full path to where they are located.

Can I do this for the Journal? And if so, what's the correct syntax?

I tried "journal=h:\notes\data\journal.nsf" and also started with "journal.nsf=..." but Notes still cannot find it.

any help gladly accepted!
surly

Ok, so your default data area for notes is on the C:\Lotus\Notes\Data\? And names.nsf and desktop on H:\Notes\Data\? If so, why not move ALL Notes DATA files from C: drive to H: and change the main directory to H:\Notes\Data in NOTES.INI?
If I got this right, that is what I would have done...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

Well that's what I would do too, but I've inherited 29,000 users set up the way I've described...

You need some serious batch jobs then... A possible way could be to use WinBatch (if you're running Windows) and write code for this tool to do modifications (There might be other alternatives out there too). Then trigger it on login maybe, do the mods in the INI file and 'flag' the user as 'done' one way or the other...
With 29000 users it is definetivly worth thinking on...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back