Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deferred Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUBAR911

MIS
Sep 30, 2002
GB
Good Morning,

I have a slight problem with one of our Exchange 2003 SP2 servers. There appears to be 16 messages in the send queue but I am unable to find them. I suspect that the messages were sent using the deferred delivery option. Normally I will use Promodag to run a report on all users to try and find the mailbox with messages in the outbox. This time I am unable to find any. Exchange system manager does not show any messages in the queue viewer. Is there a way to view these messages?

I found the following on a Exchnage blog site:

The second type is deferred delivery (controlled by the MAPI property PR_DEFERRED_DELIVERY_TIME). The key difference is that the delay happens on the "delivery" side once transport "owns" the message. While the phrase "deferred delivery" might make you think that message is held on the destination server, it is in fact held in the queues on the source server.

I am unsure if these messages are viewable from exchange.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back