Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defaults setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

byteias

Programmer
Apr 17, 2007
US
Crystal Reports XI Release 2 - Service Pack 3
Oracle 9i.
After creating a report in one machine (this report is QA'd before we move it to Production) and when it runs in Production some differences are shown follow:
- Some suppressed lines are not longer suppressed while is run in Production. The defaults from one machine to another are not carried over.
- This is what it was found by another programmer: Suppress if Group_name_x = '3' (x is an integer) works for one machine and the other one will show a value for
Group_name_x to be = '3.00', therefore the condition isn't valid.
Do we need to set all PC with the same defaults?
Thanks,
Ivan.

there can be many reasons for this change in formatting, but a quick workaround would be

Suppress if ToNumber(Group_name_x) = 3

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Thanks, for the response but I did try it and it didn't work (converting to number). In my report shows as number when I display the value in the report.
I'm changing my report by making my groups to be alphanumeric.
My defaults (options from the File dropdown) for numeric is integers (no decimal points, no commas, etc) and their default for numeric is with 2 decimal (1.00) and commas (1,000.00).
Thanks,
Ivan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back