Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

defaults in fields not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskip

MIS
Apr 23, 2003
US
I have discovered that the default values that I have set using Designer (from the System Manager; Maintenance menu) aren't filling in anymore. I don't know if there was something going on when this started, I was out on vacation when it did and no one in the department can remember anything except maybe something to do with a security file.

Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this?

This is on Progression 7.6.300c, SQL.

What field is it, on what screen?

Sometimes Screen Designer will not allow you to set defaults if the field is populated by Macola's business logic. Flexibility is similarly limited, for the same reasons.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

It's fields like the customer type and territory on the customer file maintenance screen.

I had defaults set and they were working. I was away and someone else in IT said they remember an error about a security file during that time.

After I returned, someone in Customer Service asked why I turned off the default fields.

That's all I know.

I reported this earlier this week but mine was in 7.6.400spa. It was accepted as a bug. I was trying to set the default on a checkbox. As far as I know it was working in 7.6.300c. Sometimes I had to set up the acceptable values before I could get the default to work, You may want to try that.

Steve Henley
Trianglepartners.com
Exact Software consulting, sales and implementations.

If the only tool you can use is a hammer then all your problems look like nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back