Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defaulting the report browser to hide the group tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

matpj

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
GB
Is it possible to set Crystal Enterprise to hide the goup tree when a report is viewed?
some of my reports do not have groups, and so this leaves a thick white margin to the left of the report.

thanks,
Matt

Launch the CMC, select Servers, select the WCS server. The Properties tab has a checkbox to Hide the Group Tree.

Matt,

Did that resolve your issue?

I suspect it did not, seeing as how I am trying to resolve a similar sounding issue currently...

I have managed to remove the white border, which surprisingly only appears on Landscape reports.

Peter.

hi,

it did not resolve my query - but I haven't had the chance to respond yet.
I will have another look at i this week. In the mean time, if you solve the problem please post it here.
I'll do the same.
thanks,

Matt
London (UK)

This worked for me:

Launch Enterprise Admin Console
Launch the Crystal Management Console
Click the WCS server (web componenent server)
In the "Legacy DHTML, ActiveX and Java Viewers" section
Check "Hide the Group Tree (if it is displayed)"
-This defaults the group tree as off. Leave the "Group Tree" option checked so user can toggle the group tree on and off (otherwise they can never get a group tree).

You have to restart the web services before it works in the web - I just restart everything in the CCM (Crystal Configuration Manager).

The other solution I found was to make sure the person creating the reports has deselected "create group tree" before making/saving the report. Once a group tree has been made or saved with the report you can't get rid of it - just one of those "features".

Matt,

I now have 5 minutes to detail what I have found that works, to an extent. I am still waiting on the Help Desk to install the latest CE patch, which will hopefully resolve most if not all of my issues.

My problems are twofold:
1) The blank white margin on the LHS of a sheet, when printed in Landscape.
2) My reports are predominantly A4/Landscape, only, regardless of what I do, they default at print time to Letter/Portrait.

As to the first problem, a solution that does work but is a little labour intensive is to:
- In the CMC, under EACH & EVERY report, Process -> Print Setup.
- Change "Set the report's page layout." to Custom Settings. In my case, I then select Landscape & A4.

This at least removes the white space. One of the listed fixes in the patch is to use the paper from the report and NOT default to Letter/Portrait every time.
I'm not certain but rather hopeful this will also resolve the white space issue, without the manual intervention being required.

Currently, with this manual fix, when you print the report, you still have to change the paper size & orientation every time.

I hope this helps some.

Peter.

Hi
If you want to disable the grouptree for all viewers you might want to modify viewreport.csp by setting: viewer1.IsDisplayGroupTree = false;

This seems to work for me. I am using CE9 Pro

I created a new post indicating the problems that I had implementing the excellent suggestions here. Though the WCS updated with the changes, they didn't appear to have any effect when I opened the report. The report viewer still showed the group tree at open.

My new post is at thread782-1038378.

Thanks for any help you can provide. My problem is that in this report, I get a runtime error if the tree is on, so I really need to turn it off in the viewer.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back