Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Web Site(Stopped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcarolan

Programmer
Jun 18, 2002
IE
Hi,

From programs I go to Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack then Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) finally to Internet Service Manager. I get an error SMTP Configuration "The system cannot find the path specified" but it opens anyway.

The Default Web Site is stopped and when I try to start it I get "WINSOCK error Address already in use"

I am new to this and would be grateful for any help on getting the Default Web Site to start.

Regards
gcarolan

Is there another web site running? If not, then I would suggest reinstalling IIS. If there is another site running, you can not have two sites running under the same ip address unless you change the port number within the properties of the site.

You can have more then 1 site on the same IP and port. BUT you must have different host headers for each site. Like king said, it sounds like an IIS re-install.

Scott Heath
AIM: orange7288

There is another web site running. I changed the port number and it started thanks for the help.

gcarolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back