Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Values for SQL 2000 SP Parameter using CRXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarmend

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2004
US
I am using CRXI to report on a SQL 2000 SP. The SP contains three parameters, which CRXI is prompting for during a refresh/preview.

Is it possible to default the SP parameters to NULL? My SP will return all records if NULL is passed to all the parameters. There's a guy in our marketing department refusing to check the "Set as NULL" box when running his reports. I'm currently using a copy of the SP with the parameters set to NULL in the SP itself, but I'd like to only have one version of the SP on my server. Thanks.

Sure, fire the guy in Marketing ;)

An alternative would be to set a default value for the parameter(s), and if that default value is passed, have the SP also return all rows as if it were passed as null.

An example would be to set a default value for some string parm to "ALL".

The problem is that you're redesigning your business systems because of a user, so I'd bring it to the attention of management that they need to hire better people who are more concerned with doing things right than being a pain.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back