Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default values for a form in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedelus

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
US
This is probably simple, but I can't seem to locate the right syntax/locations.

I have a workbook with a macro which, at one point in its execution, opens a form for user input. I would like for the last value entered to show up as the default the next time the form is activated, even if the workbook has been closed and reopened between. I would prefer that this saved value not be in a cell somewhere, but instead be invisible to the user.

So far everything I've tried has either not been saved, or the variable is not recognized by the form, which creates it's own variable of the same name instead (whose value is not readable by the calling macro).

I have seen how to do this somewhere, but cannot find it now that I actually need it!

My apologies! I was searching the windows forums for threads relating, and had not realized it sent me back here when I decided to post.[hammer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back