Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Value Truncates Zero 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

clint6

Technical User
Feb 8, 2007
US
Hello,

I'm looking to set a default value in a "FiscalYear" field. I've used text as the data type. I want this in the format of "2005-06", "2006-07", ect. I have created a year table for a look up so users can just choose the year. However, I'd like to set the default value to the current year, 2006-07. When I type this in the default property it truncates the "0" in "07. It reads 2006-7. Does anyone know how to turn off this truncate function?

Thanks
Clint

I do something similar: a claim number is set up to input as 00-0000. I also don't want to the 0 to truncate when a value is 01-0001.

This input mask worked for me no problem:

00\-0000;;-

Perhaps that will help you?

Thanks. I thought that would work as well. I've got my input mask set to 0000\-00;; but it still truncates the zero in 07 for the default value. I already have some existing records but they are all set to 2006-07.

Still Bumfizzled,
Clint

Hey Clint!

Make sure your default value is between ""

Code:
"2006-07"

That should do :)

SG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor