Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default value error with data driven subcription

Status
Not open for further replies.

meumax

Programmer
Apr 13, 2002
AU
Am receiving the error message "Default value or value provided for the report parameter is not a valid value" when attempting to save a data driven subscription when
choosing to make the reports parameter based on a field returned by the recipient list query for the subscription.

If I choose the option "Specify a static value" the subscription saves fine. I then test it by forcing a report execution snaphot to be generated and the emails are sent out. Unfortunately, the reports are all the same as the parameter is static!

The parameter in question is string and allows nulls and blanks. It used to have a query based list of values, but I got rid of that thinking that was a problem. So now I have a string parameter which technically should accept anything yet I get the error whenever I try and make the subscription substitute the parameter with values from the query.

I already checked the recipient list query and it returns all valid strings.

Hi meumax,
I had a similar error with a report and resolved it in this manner. I attached the URL. Just click on it. I am not sure if it will resolve your error but my error was similar. Let me know if this helps at all.

Cheers,
Bessebo
(website: www.datagonewild.com)

http://www.datagonewild.com/ssrs-help/errors-and-known-bugs/how-do-i-resolve-the-error-the-value-provided-for-the-report.html
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back