Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default site (HTTP:80) broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlau

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2008
US
So I have a strange, frustrating, and complex problem. Here is some background information:

Windows Server 2008 (x64)
IIS 7
MOSS 2007 @ port 4444 (Central Admin @ port 12534)
BugTracker.NET (ASP.NET issue tracking) @ port 80
Our application install files @ port 80

I accidently added a Sharepoint Application to the default IIS site (port 80) while in the Sharepoint Central Administration, even though the default site was in use by BugTracker.NET and other services. Upon realizing my mistake, I removed the new Sharepoint Application, and deleted the AppPool ("Sharepoint-80") from IIS. However, nothing on the default site will work. If I'm running the AppPool assigned to the default site in Integrated mode (it was running fine this way before), all sites under port 80 give an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error warning. If I run in Classic mode, I have problems with my ASP.NET application.

How can I fix this? I've tried deleted AppPools, adding them, changing permissions here and there, but nothing works. This is driving me crazy!

Fixed!

When Sharepoint created an application on port 80, it actually inserted a web.config and a set of folders into my I simply removed all of the recently-updated folders and files from my and everything is back to normal.

Why would Sharepoint leave such a mess in my after I told it to delete the application? Ick. Talk about poor implementation.

For reference, the problem folders and files:

web.config, global.asax, _app_bin, _vti_pvt, App_Browers, App_GlobalResources, bin, wpresources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back