Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

default short codes for trunk access

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTelco

Technical User
Aug 21, 2004
US
Good day

Having multiple clients using one IPO system, each client with their own set of analog trunks, and each using only their trunks for calls.

Do we have to replicate the whole set of default shortcodes for line access, including multiple sets of secondary dialtone shortcodes for each line group we define?

Meaning, do we need:

[9]0N; 0N Dial 1
[9]1N; 1N Dial 1
[9]N; N Dial 1
[9]xxxxxxxxxxx N Dial 1
9 . Secondary DialTone 1

and....

[8]0N; 0N Dial 2
[8]1N; 1N Dial 2
[8]N; N Dial 2
[8]xxxxxxxxxxx N Dial 2
8 . Secondary DialTone 2

It seems to work with only
[8]N; N Dial 2

for the second line group, making me wonder why all the other parts of the default [9]shortcode variants are needed.

many thanks in advance

What about creating "User restrictions" for each of the "tenants"? That would allow you to create the individual shortcodes for dialing and apply it to the various individual users.

Restriction profle or user short codes is definetly the place for this programming, it meants that all exts will use 9 for outside calls & the correct lines will be chosen automaticaly, otherwse you are relying on user honesty to use the correct access code.

The various short codes are i believe due to the need to dial enblock on US pri circuits ( this is not necessary in the UK & Europe)

The order for calling out is user shortcode,system shortcode,least call routing. So set a shortcode for each user of 9 to dial out of there group.

The order to check dialled digits is:
if it is a usershortcode with actiontype dial then goto LCR, if the action is not a dial type then activate the function
else if it is a userrestriction shortcode with action type dial then goto LCR, if the action is not a dial type then activate the function
else if it is a system shortcode type dial then goto LCR, if the action is not a dial type then activate the function
else : no shotcode match end call

LCR will only be invoked if one of the previuos is matched.

I have added a programming example for multi companies on the IP Office in the FAQ area.

User Restrictions" is the best way to go. As you add more users in the future it will be easy to add them to the appropriate company listed in User Restrictions.

BTW, Avaya should of named User Restrictions with something like "User Customerzation" or "User Preferences" or something.

Thanks much for the input. I'll dig into the options, hopefully my brain is big enough to grasp the possibilities ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back