Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default reverences for new book

Status
Not open for further replies.

par60056

Programmer
Jul 16, 2001
US
OK, I know this is strange and I hope somebody can help.

I do some pretty extensive things in Excel. In a general sense, I have a book that contains a "parameter" sheet and 2 modules. One module contains all the code for pulling data from a database and sometimes building a pivot table from it. The second module does a lot of formatting including adding formulas for totaling.

The code for pulling the data creates a new workbook that the data is loaded into and the formatting module is copied to.

My problem is that in a few cases the formatting and totalling process requires objects that are not in the standard set of references for an Excel book. (particularly MS Scripting) I know that I can get around the problem by changing my code to use type object and createObject rather than the real object type but this is clunky and slower.

Is there any way to change the default list of references when a new workbook is created or alter a workbook other than the active one to set the references?

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back