Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default resolution for logon screen and default user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leozack

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
GB
Hi all - been looking around online and testing things but I've not come up sweet when it comes to forcing the resolution for the logon screen or for users having profiles built at logon time from the default user. Most stuff online points to here :
hkey_current_config\system\currentcontrolset\control\video - Defaultsettings.xresolution and Defaultsettings.yresolution
However I've found the same GUID key for the monitor that all these all-in-one PCs are using and I've tried the x/yresolution and defaultsettings.x/yresolution items but I'm not sure it's working. Is there something more to this? Or a way to secure the resolution if using mandatory profiles from within HKCU?

Hmmm doesn't anyone have a tried/tested way to ensure set resolution for logon screen/new users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back