Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Regional and Keyboard Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

amb3rsil

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2001
GB
Hello,

I have w2k network with approx 110 client machines. I have got 2k pro on all of them and they are all setup with roaming profiles for users that are stored on the server and this all seems to be working fine. The problem I have is that despite when installing w2k pro on all the machines I set the language and regional settings to ENGLISH (UK) the group policy completely over rides this and puts the regional settings into english (US) whenever a user logs in.

I have logged into the machine locally and the settings are set correctly to keyboard and language UK, but as soon as you login to the domain it defaults to US!

I have looked into this problem quite a lot and attempted add the following in a registry patch at the login script of both the computer and user policy area :-

regedit /s langfix.reg

langfix.reg containing the following :-

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload]
"1"=00000809

As this is the apparent registry string that holds the country code (00000409 being the default US and 00000809 being UK), but despite applying this patch it makes no difference!

The regional settings are also affecting office and screwing all the measurement settings!

If anyone can help me with this I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Amb3rsil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back