Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default printers change based on last logged on user

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseptor1

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
I'm managing a network of winterm thin clients connecting to a Win 2003 Std. Server via RDP. I have three PC's (not winterm's) also connected to the network with printers installed locally.

When I log into a PC and initiate a terminal session via RDP, My local printer becomes the default printer for whoever is logged onto the other two PC's. If I have someone log off and onto one of the other PC's, their printer becomes my default printer!

Any ideas?

You have your local printer redirected in the RDP properties I would image? This is a strange situation b/c somehow when the user profile is loaded upon the last user to log on it takes their printer and makes it your default. Is that local printer become both your default and that user too?

Make sure printer redirection is checked off in TS config properties to. In this case I would start from the ground up and start eliminating some things. First I would install each printer again one by one and have each user log in one at a time. Test it out that way. It may be a prob on the server side.

You would just have to check all scenerios and elimate all causes until you find the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back