Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default printer RegKey 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodger6

MIS
Aug 13, 2002
US
I'm having an issue with several of my users and its driving me nuts. I have been unable to train them to check first to see if they have paper in the printer before they click print. (yeah yeah) The problem is the program we use (Reporterbase 7) will change your default printer if the printer you send the job to has no paper. So instead of the billing department printing to their invoice printer (HP 1000) they run off invoices on company letter head (HP5si) and their default is changed from the HP1000 to the HP5si.

Now they love icons and clicking on them. We have issues with Reporterbase fouling the print queues and I have them running a batch file to restart their spooler and it has been (knock on wood) working quite well.

My question:
Does anyone know where to find the reg key for setting the default printer in Windows2000 professional?

If you can post the Hkey I'd have allot of happy users and a few less grey hairs.

Thank you.

pretty sure it's :

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows

then look under the value named "Device".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back