Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Printer in Access 2007 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeToWork

Programmer
Jun 16, 2010
US
I have a function on a form that prints a series of reports. Most of the reports print to the default Windows printer, but for some reason, one of the reports prints to a different printer. I cannot find anywhere in Access to set the default printer for a report. I tried modifying and saving the report on a computer with the right default printer but that made no difference. For some reason, this one report always prints to a different printer besides the default Windows printer. If I delete that printer from the computer's list of printers, it will still print to another printer besides the default. Does anyone know of a workaround for this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

In Access 2007, try loading the report in Design View. Then click on the 'Page Setup' ribbon tab. In the Page Layout box you should see 'Page Setup'. Click that, then select the 'Page' tab. You'll see the 'Printer for <ReportName>' section. You can either select the 'Default Printer' or 'Use Specific Printer'. Is the 'Default Printer' selected? If not, select it and try the report.

Thanks for the info @LamarW. Once I deleted the printer the report was printing to and went into design view on the report and saved it, it changed from "specific printer" to "default printer." Go figure. I never did anything with the report to set it to "specific printer" in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back