Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Printer from ASP Page?? Please help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amutinu

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
US
Hello All,
I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve the default printer name when the client accesses the asp page. I need to be able to code my asp page so that when the user clicks "Print", it shows which default printer it's going to print to. I do not want to display the standard print dialog box.

I would really appreciate it if someone can please let me know to do this. thanks,

lobstah and fhlee
thanks for your responses, but i wasn't really looking to bypass the print dialog for printing. I only wanted to retrieve the default printer name so that i can display it on the asp page. So when the client is accessing the site and they want to know what the default printer is, i want to display it on the asp page.

so please let me know if there is a way to just display the printer name and nothing else?

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back