Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default printer api problem notes/domino R5 I need Help????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumstex

Programmer
Apr 17, 2000
CA
<br>Hi all,<br><br>I am wondering if there is anyone experienced the same problem and if there is any solution for it.<br><br>From my testing, R5 does not honour default printer change. This means that even we use a 'standard Windows API call (thru' Kernel32.dll) to change the Printer from A -&gt; B (LotusScript), Notes will still use the 'Printer A' cached in its memory, and in subsequent printing, it will always use Printer A to print.<br><br>A simple test, if one write a simple program to change printer from A -&gt; B, Notes will always show A, however, if you launched other application at this point, e.g. Excel, Word, they all show 'B'.<br><br>There are a few suggestions about ways to get around it (e,g by using a sequence of macros, by calling sleep function to let the system changes propagate), however, in R5, these 'get-around' do not work anymore.<br><br>I am wondering if there is any way to program an action button which change the default printer to A, print the document to A and then revert<br>back to whatever being set previously.<br><br>Thanks in advance. <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back