Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default password for ext. on I.P. 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

commnorth

Programmer
Oct 28, 2006
US
First time on Office IP 500 system with no doc's: what is default P.W. for ext. login ie: login ext.401 then P.W. ??? Thanks in advance for any replys.

Manager > F1 (default is blank)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Thanks Bas1234; however, I still get "Invalid login". Still looking?????

It depends on the matching extension number of the user.
When the user has the same extension number as his or hers extension then the login code is also used on the extension itself.
So when a user has 1234 as a login code (on the telephony->supervisos settings) then the phone itself has the same password.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

What type of phone?

What sequence are you using to try and login?

What login code did you set for the user? [That's a big hint, users don't having login codes by default, enter nothing]

Is it a new install of an IP phone and extension that don't currently exist in the system configuration? [In which case password is 0000].

Why can't you read the docs?

Why can't you read the docs?

Now that is a understatement! At least 50% of the asked questions here are so well documented that anyone asking such a question should be ashamed of itself.
images

if there is no login code set you sometimes can't login, so set a code and try again.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Geld alleine macht nicht glücklich, aber es beruhigt ungemein

If it is a new voicemail setup when the person logs in.. he / she should press the # key and it will ask for a new password, I also believe it is the same if you blank out the old password on and existing ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back